March 5th, 2009
Been making note of a lot of my ideas on how to fix this nation’s economy. Here’s a partial list:
1. In order to become a member of Congress or President of this country, you must be a self-made entrepreneur who has a proven track record of running a successful business. Put bluntly, you have to be a millionaire. And it cannot be inherited wealth.
2. Lawyers cannot hold political office. Instead, they work with the Senate and House to create laws and provide counsel.
3. No one can hold political office for more than one term.
4. No one can vote unless he or she is a tax payer or a land owner.
5. Congressional medals of honor are given to those who become wealthy in a legal, ethical way.
6. Start-up businesses pay no taxes for three years.
7. Flat tax for all Americans.
8. If you live in a home you couldn’t afford and were given a faulty loan which you could not pay – you move out.
9. The person who knowingly gave you the loan you could not afford loses his job.
10. The politicians who supported the bill that gave loans to people who could not pay are removed from office.
11. Those who steal millions and billions from others go to jail.
12. Politicians who promise one thing to get your vote – but do the opposite – are thrown out of office by the people.
Well, that’s a start.
Agree – disagree. You’re welcome to comment via email.